Welcome to the Official Blog of Mrs. Minneapolis International 2011

The International Pageant System was created to showcase married women, their coummunity involvement and commitment to marriage and family. Each woman chooses a platform in which they are passionate about to promote throughout their reign. My platform is titled, "The Unseen Enemy-Educating Parents on Internet Safety." My website is www.mrsminneapolis.com



The 2011 Mrs. Minnesota Interneational Pageant will be held on March 12 & 13th in St Cloud, MN. I am very excited to continue my work teaching parents and children about the dangers of the Internet. Please visit http://www.mrsminnesota.com/ for tickets and more info!

Monday, November 15, 2010

PET HAVEN'S 4TH ANNUAL FALL BENEFIT

This was a very meaningful event for me. It was 3 years ago when I made an appearance with Mrs. Minnesota 2007 Donnell Rank where I first laid eyes on Tala, a 104 lb rottweiler. We had seen her online profile on Pet Haven't website
http://www.pethavenmn.org/   a few weeks prior but at the last minute decided to hold off on adopting a dog.

At the fundraiser I approached the foster mom who was handling the mystery rotty and I asked her the name of the dog. She said, "Tala." I was over the moon that the SAME dog that we had been considering was right in front of me! I immediately called my husband, Mike, and he told me to stay by her to see how she acted in a room full of people, loud noises, etc. That was no problem because Tala wouldn't leave MY side! In the pet fashion show she was the show stopper at the end in her feather boa.
When Mike came to get me after the benefit, he was able to see just how wonderful and well mannered she was. We then went to the PETCO that Saturday to fill out the adoption papers. She was ours later that week!! We spent 3 wonderful years with Tala....She passed away Oct 18, 2010. She has left a hole in our hearts, especially mine. She followed me wherever I went, slept next to my side of the bed every night and it was clear that I was "her person." We will definitely go back to Pet Haven to find our next family member when the time is right.

When Pet Haven called to ask me to be one of the celebs to walk in the fashion show this year with the animals sporting clothes by Lulu and Luigi, of course I said yes! How could I turn that down!? I love their organization.

The event was held at the Sofitel Hotel in Edina on Nov 13th, 2010


Me posing with the poster board with my photo among the other "celebs" of the night.

The Silent Auction portion of the fundraiser


The chefs even went so far as to make me a special gluten free, vegan dinner!

The evening was hosted by Staci Mathews of KS95 Moon and Staci Show. Others in the fashion show included Jason DeRusha from WCCO- TV reporter, Donna Valetine of K102 morning show, Cheryl Kay from 102.9 Lite FM on the Kevin and Cheryl Morning Show, Natalie Darwitz who is the U of Mn Women's hockey asst coach, Elizabeth Reis who co-hosts Twin Cities Live, Johnathan Rabb of CW Crew, Jenna and Peyton from the MN Vikings Cheerleading team, and Me, Molly Nicholson Mrs. Minnesota International 2011.
Yes, I was flattered but I told them of the typo and they corrected it when introduced me.

Waiting back stage to show off the animals!

Jason Derusha from WCCO Ch 4 News

Elizabeth Reis from Twin Cities Live


I had the pleasure of walking a grey poodle named Suzie!

She wore a pink dress and a pink leash which sported a crown. How appropriate! She was a quite crazy and out of control in which everyone laughed at her but I took charge and all was well!


The evening went very well and Pet Haven was able to raise money through silent auction items and donations. They do not have a shelter for the public to view the animals up for adoption but do bring most to a PETCO location every other week. View their website to see which new family member needs a home! http://www.pethavenmn.org/

Thank you Pet Haven for including me in this meaningful event in this time in my life. You know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment