Welcome to the Official Blog of Mrs. Minneapolis International 2011

The International Pageant System was created to showcase married women, their coummunity involvement and commitment to marriage and family. Each woman chooses a platform in which they are passionate about to promote throughout their reign. My platform is titled, "The Unseen Enemy-Educating Parents on Internet Safety." My website is www.mrsminneapolis.com



The 2011 Mrs. Minnesota Interneational Pageant will be held on March 12 & 13th in St Cloud, MN. I am very excited to continue my work teaching parents and children about the dangers of the Internet. Please visit http://www.mrsminnesota.com/ for tickets and more info!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Woman of the Year

 

 I was just nominated Woman of the Year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for 2011!! Two people who are totally unrelated were the ones who nominated. http://www.mwoy.org/what/campaign/

The money raised between the 10 week campaign will go to help fund researchers and advance the mission of the society, Cure the disease!! We will be campaigning on behalf of two children who have gone through the chemo process due to having leukemia. I can't imagine as a parent hearing the words that your child has cancer. This is a wonderful organization and any dollar I can raise will help.

I will be getting a special website hosted by the LLS where people can go directly to donate. My goal is to raise $25,000. I'll let you know the web address when it's up and running so get your wallets ready!!

We had a gathering at Crave in Golden Valley where we got to meet others participating as well as past winners. I also got to advertise the pageant system and my platform. Anywhere is a good place to talk to parents about Internet safety!!


Myself with Vikki Shaw, the Deputy Executive Director for the LLS

Ella, the girl of the year that we will be supporting, and myself. She was so sweet! We even sang "Happy Birthday" to her because she just turned 8!!

No comments:

Post a Comment