Welcome to the Official Blog of Mrs. Minneapolis International 2011

The International Pageant System was created to showcase married women, their coummunity involvement and commitment to marriage and family. Each woman chooses a platform in which they are passionate about to promote throughout their reign. My platform is titled, "The Unseen Enemy-Educating Parents on Internet Safety." My website is www.mrsminneapolis.com



The 2011 Mrs. Minnesota Interneational Pageant will be held on March 12 & 13th in St Cloud, MN. I am very excited to continue my work teaching parents and children about the dangers of the Internet. Please visit http://www.mrsminnesota.com/ for tickets and more info!

Monday, September 6, 2010

On call

I'vee been a volunteer with Sexual Offense Services (SOS) of Ramsey County for going on 11 years now. I handle the after hours crisis line and am an outreach advocate for rape/assault victims. Sometimes the person may just need to talk things out and sometimes it's Region's Hospital calling me to come be there with a victim. I may help them through the rape kit process, making a police report about the incident, offer our in office counseling services, find them a shelter for the evening, etc. You just never know what you're going to  be doing when you are on call!

I was on call this week and took a call for a domestic abuse situation. It's not my expertise but I was able to refer her on to someone who will be able to help. I hope she reaches out! We have to respect confidentiality and not talk about the cases we go on of course. I always feel grateful for my wonderful husband and situation after talking to the men/women who call in. Mike is always waiting for me when I get home from an outreach call which often is at 1-5am!! My advice is that if you are in a situation that isn't healthy, get out and help. There is is a wonderful resource out there..SOS. 24/hr crisis line 651-643-3006  LOTS of dedicated volunteers such as myself are standing by to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment